Request to change reference year

If the Dutch Legal Aid Board rejects the application for legal aid because your income in the reference year exceeded the statutory financial limits, there is an option of asking the Board to make the current year the reference year. This is only possible, however, if your income has fallen considerably in the meantime. You will have to submit such a request to change the reference year to the Board yourself. Should you wish to do this, you can contact us and we will send you the relevant form.

Previous Story

Re-inspection a year after the application

Next Story

The revocation of legal aid

Latest from Legal Aid


The lawyer will submit an application for legal aid on your behalf. To be able to…